We aim to provide students with a solid education in electronics and communications. Students will be exposed to the latest developments in wireless communications & digital mobile; optical communications & optoelectronics; energy saving, control & power systems; electronic devices & circuit design.
Our education will transform students into well-trained professional engineers with the skills and vision to enable students to progress further in their career path in this rapidly changing knowledge-based economy. The major will also equip students to pursue postgraduate studies.
隨著近日互聯網、寬帶、流動網絡、數碼技術及廣播，以及各類電子產品的迅速發展，香港特區政府已將「電子」和「通訊」定為其中兩個重點支持項目。 本課程旨在為電子、通訊及資訊工程業培育專業工程師，學生將具備專業技術和視野，並能設計及應用不同電子、通訊及資訊系統，迎接新科技帶來的挑戰。 內容主要教授電子及通訊科技知識，重點有 (1) 無線通訊及流動數碼； (2) 光通訊系統及光電子；(3) 節能、系統管理及能源系統及 (4) 電子器件及電路設計。
Major Educational Objectives
The Major Educational Objectives of ECE major are to:
- Provide graduates with a solid education in electronic and communication engineering and tools that will enable them to identify and solve related engineering problems.
- Provide graduates with the ability and vision that will enable them to become independent life‐long learners in nowadays rapidly changing knowledge-based economy.
- Provide graduates with a solid foundation in electronic and communication engineering and tools that will enable them to pursue postgraduate studies in related engineering or their chosen field of interest.
- Provide graduates with the basic skills to communicate and lead effectively and be able to work independently but also collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide graduates with a broad-based education that will prepare them to work with high standards of ethical conduct and societal responsibilities.
To maintain Hong Kong's competitiveness, the Government has taken steps to boost technology-based high-value-added services and industries. Electronics and communications are among the areas identified for focused support. Even in the banking, finance and business sectors, personnel with a solid background in technology are in great demand in this increasingly complex technological age.
- Premier Employers
Government/ Government-related Organizations/ Utilities: Immigration, Customs & Excise Department, Housing Authority, ICAC. CLP Power
Engineering/ Technology: SAE Magnetics, HK Broadband, Science Park, Cyberport, Wharf T & T, HP, Hutchison Telecom, Canon, Chubb
Finance/ Banking: KPMG, DBS, Hang Seng Bank, Bank of East Asia
Transportation and Logistics: KCRC, MTR
- Job Nature of Graduates
Telecommunication Engineer, Electronic/ Electrical Engineer, Product and System Developer/ Administrator, Hardware/ Software/ Network Engineer, Computer Programmer, IT Developer, System Analyst, Production and Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, Research and Development, Auditor, etc.
- Graduate Employment Survey 2017
The survey shows that 90.16% of the BEngECE graduates were engaged before the cut-off date, with 68.85% in the job market and 21.31% in full-time postgraduate studies. Click here for details.
The major has been accredited by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, one of the educational requirements for obtaining Charter status. Based on the Washington Accord, graduates receive reciprocal recognition from equivalent bodies in Australia, Canada, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong-China, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Last Updated : 23 Aug 2018
- Scholarships and Prizes Designated for EE Students
- Scholarships and Prizes Open for All CityU Students
- Recipients of Scholarships and Prizes