1. Paper Formatting Style
Your final manuscript (at most eight pages for full papers, or at most four pages for posters) must be in PDF form. In particular, this must be a file that will successfully print anywhere, so:
- all fonts must be embedded;
- the resolution must be 600 dpi;
- the printing must be monochrome;
- the paper size must be A4.
- the paper must be checked by IEEE PDF eXpress (see below).
The manuscript itself must be in IEEE Computer Society format. A direct link to the formatting instructions is:
Alternatively, to get these instructions, go to:
Then look under "Publications" then "Author Resource".
PAGE NUMBERS: Do not put page numbers on your document. We will add
appropriate page numbers to accepted papers when the conference
proceedings are assembled.
2. Verify IEEE eXpress compatibility
ICFPT '08 has registered for use of IEEE PDF eXpress.
All conference articles submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility.
IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
Steps for final manuscripts submission:
- Create your manuscript(s).
- Proofread and check layout of manuscript. (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress.)
- Go to IEEE PDF eXpress . Create your IEEE PDF eXpress account.
- Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking.
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
- Submit the final from below.
* IEEE eXpress User Guide
Instructions of using IEEE PDF eXpress service
- IEEE PDF eXpress: www.pdf-express.org
- Conference ID: icfpt08x
- Access http://www.pdf-express.org
- Create an IEEE PDF eXpress account for Conference ID: icfpt08x
- Login to your account and "Create New Title".
- Enter Title Info and click on "Submit File for Checking or Converting" and follow instructions for submitting your PDF/source file. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed. If a source file was uploaded to eXpress, a PDF will be e-mailed to you.
3. Registration Policy for Paper Authors
Warning: The registration deadline for authors of accepted papers is September 22.
Papers which do not have any of authors registered until the deadline will be rejected.
- Each paper must have at least one registered author as a speaker.
- A person which is a speaker for more than one paper, must be
registered as Non-member attendant, no matter if the person is
an IEEE member/student or not.
Both the final manuscript and the copyright must be uploaded by September 22. The conference registration must also be made by September 22. The conference registration web site will be available on September 15. In detail, please confirm the conference web: http://vda.ee.nctu.edu.tw/ICFPT2008