Prof. CHAN Yan-Cheong
Ph.D. (Imperial College, London), FIEEE, DIC, MSc (Eng), BSc (Eng), ACGI, CEng, FIET, FHKIE
Director, EPA Centre*
Chair Professor, Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong
* Centre for Electronic Packaging and Assemblies, Failure Analyysis and Reliability Engineering
Electronic Product Reliability and Electronic Packaging, Failure Analysis and Reliability Engineering
230+ International refereed journals, 1 UK patent, 100+ conference proceedings, and 4 Books. Total ISI citation: 3500+; H-index: 32
Section A – Five representative publications in the recent five years:
- Asit Kumar Gain, Y.C. Chan, “The influence of a small amount of Al and Ni nano-particles on the microstructure, kinetics and hardness of Sn-Ag-Cu solder on OSP-Cu pads” Intermetallics, 29 (2012), 48-55. (Impact Factor: 1.649)
- Y. C. Chan, D.Yang, “Failure mechanisms of solder interconnect under current stressing in advanced electronic packages”, Progress in Material Science, 55 (2010), 428-475. (Impact factor: 15.769)
- Qing-Yuan Tang, Y.C. Chan, Kaili Zhang, “Fast response resistive humidity sensitivity of polyimide/multiwall carbon nanotube composite films”, Sensors and Actuators, B: Chemical, 152:1(2011) 99–106. (SCI Impact factor: 3.083)
- J. Shen, Y.C. Chan, S.Y. Liu, “Growth mechanism of Ni3Sn4 in a Sn/Ni liquid/solid interfacial reaction”, Acta Materialia, 57:17 (2009) 5196-5206. (SCI Impact factor: 3.729)
- D. Yang, Y.C. Chan and K.N. Tu, “The time-dependent melting failure in flip chip lead-free solder interconnects under current stressing”, Applied Physics Letters, 93 (2008) 041907. (SCI Impact factor: 3.844)
Section B – Five representative publications beyond the recent five-year period:
- Y. C. Chan, A. C. K. So, J.K.L. Lai, Growth kinetic studies of Cu-Sn intermetallic compound and its effect on shear strength of LCCC SMT solder joints, Materials Science and Engineering B, (1998) B55 (1-2), pp. 5-13. Cited 89 times.
- P.L Tu, Y.C. Chan, J. K. L. Lai, Effect of intermetallic compounds on the thermal fatigue of surface mount solder joints, IEEE Transactions on Components Packaging and Manufacturing Technology Part B, (1997) 20 (1), pp. 87-93. Cited 81 times.
- M. O. Alam, Y. C. Chan, K. N.Tu, Effect of reaction time and P content on mechanical strength of the interface formed between eutectic Sn-Ag solder and Au/electroless Ni(P)/Cu bond pad Journal of Applied Physics, (2003) 94 (6), pp. 4108-4115. Cited 76 times.
- M. O. Alam, Y. C. Chan, K. C. Hung, Reliability study of the electroless Ni-P layer against solder alloy Microelectronics Reliability, (2002) 42 (7), pp. 1065-1073. Cited 74 times.
- Y. C. Chan, D. Y. Luk, Effects of bonding parameters on the reliability performance of anisotropic conductive adhesive interconnects for flip-chip-on-flex packages assembly II. Different bonding pressure Microelectronics Reliability, (2002) 42 (8), pp. 1195-1204. Cited 66 times.
COURSES I AM TEACHING: