In collaboration with industry, the Department aims to provide students with real work experience during their university years and thus better preparing them for work upon graduation through different internship schemes. Schemes available to EE students include:
- Professional Internship Program (EE4081);
- Industrial Attachment Scheme (IAS);
- Overseas Internship Scheme (OIS); and
- Co-operative Education Scheme (CES).
Professional Internship (EE4081)
- Application Timelines (Main Round)
Activity Timeline Email annoucement Week 6, Sem B Student online application Weeks 7, Sem B Job Specifications Week 8, Sem B Department screening Week 9-11, Sem B Company interview, and offer confirmation April - May 2020 Signing acceptance of offer May - June 2020 Internship commencement June 2020 (for 12 months internship)
September 2020 (less than 12 months internship)
Remark: The above timelines are subject to change whenever necessary. Please always look up any updates from this web page.
- Supervision of Project Work:
- Company mentor and CityU Supervisor are assigned to each student
- Student needs to complete the log-book
- Student needs to report to CityU supervisor at least once a month.
- Student needs to complete the monthly report of the attached Log book for his/her mentor and CityU supervisor to assess their performance and progress every month. You may send it to your CityU supervisor by email.
- Assessment guidelines:
At the end of training, students should submit two reports (as stipulated on Point 4 of EE4081 syllabus), and deliver a presentation to his/her mentor and supervisor.
- Submission of signed logbook*
- Submission of a placement report for actual technical project work in the training Company (at least 20 pages)
- Submission of a report of role of engineer in professional society (at least 15 pages) **
- Final Presentation highlighting your learning during your training period (supplement information to items 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3)
- For details, please refer to the attached assessment rubric
* Passing criterion in Section 4 of EE4081 syllabus: To pass the course, the comments by the company mentor on the logbook must be at the satisfactory level or above.
**Students who has passed “Engineer in Society” do not need to submit “item 3.3”. In this case, the grading of this part will not be counted towards the final grading.
- Assessment Components:
EE4081 Assessment Grade Placement report Training logbook Report on the role of engineer in professional society Total Grade
Training logbook (20%)
Report on the role of engineer in professional society (40%)
- Hosting companies (From Jan 2018 to Aug 2021):
- Appcider Limited
- ASM Technology Hong Kong Limited
- AXA China Region Insurance Company
- Deloitte Advisory (Hong Kong) Limited
- Deloitte China
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
- Friday Company Limited
- Global e-Solutions (HK) Ltd
- Infa System Ltd.
- Innopage Limited
- m-Chinese Solution Ltd.
- Mindlayer Limited
- Neat Corporation Ltd
- PCCW Solutions Limited
- Precision Robotics (Hong Kong) Limited
- Seek Asia Ltd
- Sengital Limited
- SGI Venture Limited
- Sleeep Technologies Limited
- Solos Technology Limited
- Suga Electronics Limited
- Transaction Technologies Limited
- VeServe Company Limited
- Winstars Enterprise HK Limited
- Zensis Ltd