UG Research Program
DURF 2022 – 2023 (Program Details)
The EE Departmental Research Fellowship (DURF) program aims to encourage and provide financial support, for select undergraduate students to participate and obtain in-depth experience in academic research at a duration and involvement level beyond what is commonly offered in a single Campus Internship Scheme(CIS) project.
- Pre-screening: To apply for this Fellowship, the candidate must have:
- Support from a faculty member who is willing to supervise the candidate through the DURF program, and provide financial assistance where needed
- Indication of merit, demonstrated by one of the following:
- A minimum of CGPA of 3.50 at the time of application, OR
- A grade of A or higher in two or more courses deemed by the supervisor as most relatable to the research
- Research term: After passing pre-screening, the student will be admitted into a research fellowship program of no less than 250 hours
- Mid-term Evaluation: The candidate must achieve above a satisfactory standing (as evaluated by his/her supervisor) at his/her final CIS report (to be completed after 150 hours of the candidate’s involvement in the project)
- Final Evaluation:
- Must do a term-end presentation (along with OIS or Semester B FYP students) and submit a report to the supervisor
- The supervisor must fill in a form, largely similar to the OIS evaluation form indicating the satisfactory completion of the project
- The students who satisfactorily complete the distinguished undergraduate research fellowship program will be awarded the fellowship and given a recognition certificate
- The students who begin the program, but fail to achieve the aforementioned requirements, will not be awarded the fellowship.
- The students who achieve an outstanding research performance in the program, as demonstrated in their final presentation, can compete for a research presentation/poster competition award. This competition can be amalgamated with or operated in parallel to the OIS counterpart.
Enquiry: Miss Angela Fok (firstname.lastname@example.org)