UG Research Program
DURF 2022 – 2023 (Program Details)
Please find a list of DURF Job Postings Here .
Students are also encouraged to approach professors in their areas of interest to inquire about relevant research projects and positions.
The EE Departmental Research Fellowship (DURF) program aims to encourage and provide financial support, for select undergraduate students to participate and obtain in-depth experience in academic research at a duration and involvement level beyond what is commonly offered in a single Campus Internship Scheme(CIS) project.
- Pre-screening: To apply for this Fellowship, the candidate must have:
- Support from a faculty member who is willing to supervise the candidate through the DURF program, and provide financial assistance where needed
- Indication of merit, demonstrated by one of the following:
- A minimum of CGPA of 3.50 at the time of application, OR
- A grade of A or higher in two or more courses deemed by the supervisor as most relatable to the research
- Research term: After passing pre-screening, the student will be admitted into a research fellowship program of no less than 250 hours
- Mid-term Evaluation: The candidate must achieve above a satisfactory standing (as evaluated by his/her supervisor) at his/her final CIS report (to be completed after 150 hours of the candidate’s involvement in the project)
- Final Evaluation:
- Must do a term-end presentation (along with OIS or Semester B FYP students) and submit a report to the supervisor
- The supervisor must fill in a form, largely similar to the OIS evaluation form indicating the satisfactory completion of the project
- The students who satisfactorily complete the distinguished undergraduate research fellowship program will be awarded the fellowship and given a recognition certificate
- The students who begin the program, but fail to achieve the aforementioned requirements, will not be awarded the fellowship.
- The students who achieve an outstanding research performance in the program, as demonstrated in their final presentation, can compete for a research presentation/poster competition award. This competition can be amalgamated with or operated in parallel to the OIS counterpart.
Enquiry: Miss Angela Fok (firstname.lastname@example.org)