Inbound Exchange


Student Exchange (Inbound)


Institutional-Level Exchange Programmes

The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is the central coordinating unit to provide a wide range of services and support to exchange students including exchange student admissions, orientation programmes, general advising services and the CityU Buddy Scheme etc. Please visit the GEO website for more information.

College-Level Exchange Programmes

The College of Engineering (CENG) has exchange agreements with high education institutions overseas and in mainland China. For admissions information and other details, please the CENG website.

Departmental-Level Exchange Programme


  • You are eligible as an exchange student if:
  • Your home institution is one of our partner universities; AND
  • You are a full-time student for no less than one academic year; AND
  • You meet the minimum academic "good standing" requirement at their home university; AND
  • You meet one of the English requirements if English is NOT the medium of instruction at their home university:
    •  TOEFL 79 (internet-based test) or above; OR
    • IELTS 6.5 or above; OR
    • Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 or above. OR
  • You are nominated by their university's international office or unit concerned.
  • Direct applications will not be accepted.

Application Process

  • STEP 1 : Seek the nomination by your home institution.
  • STEP 2 : Submit your application via online system: Account registration / Application login.
  • STEP 3 : Submit all the supporting documents* to:
    Department of Electrical Engineering
    City University of Hong Kong
    G6322, Floor 6, Green Zone, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building
    83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
    Attention: Ms Lucia Mak
  • STEP 4 : Your application will be received, and we may contact you if more information is required.
  • STEP 5 : All application results will be notified in writing. Participating students are NOT advised to purchase an air ticket until they have received the student visa.

* Supporting Documents

As part of your application, please have ready the supporting documents listed below:

Original copy of:

Printed copy of:

  • Academic Transcript
  •  "Acknowledgement of the Request for Student Visa / Entry Permit Sponsorship" can be obtained via the online portal where you submitted the request for sponsorship
  • Pages of travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry

Course Offering List

Courses Offered in 2022/2023

Application Deadline

May for Semester A enrolment (September Entry)
October for Semester B enrolment (January Entry)

Contact Us

For enquiries on Semester-long Exchange, please email Ms Lucia Mak at
For enquiries on Summer Exchange, please email Ms Stephanie Wan at

Corner for New Students

Welcome to CityU
Exchange Life in Hong Kong and CityU
CityU Academic Calendars

Last Updated : 6 Dec 2022