Student Exchange (Inbound)
Institutional-Level Exchange Programmes
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is the central coordinating unit to provide a wide range of services and support to exchange students including exchange student admissions, orientation programmes, general advising services and the CityU Buddy Scheme etc. Please visit the GEO website for more information.
College-Level Exchange Programmes
The College of Engineering (CENG) has exchange agreements with high education institutions overseas and in mainland China. For admissions information and other details, please the CENG website.
Departmental-Level Exchange Programme
- You are eligible as an exchange student if:
- Your home institution is one of our partner universities; AND
- You are a full-time student for no less than one academic year; AND
- You meet the minimum academic "good standing" requirement at their home university; AND
- You meet one of the English requirements if English is NOT the medium of instruction at their home university:
- TOEFL 79 (internet-based test) or above; OR
- IELTS 6.5 or above; OR
- Chinese Mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 or above. OR
- You are nominated by their university's international office or unit concerned.
- Direct applications will not be accepted.
- STEP 1 : Seek the nomination by your home institution.
- STEP 2 : Submit your application via online system: Account registration / Application login.
- STEP 3 : Submit all the supporting documents* to:
Department of Electrical Engineering
City University of Hong Kong
G6322, Floor 6, Green Zone, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building
83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Attention: Ms Lucia Mak
- STEP 4 : Your application will be received, and we may contact you if more information is required.
- STEP 5 : All application results will be notified in writing. Participating students are NOT advised to purchase an air ticket until they have received the student visa.
* Supporting Documents
As part of your application, please have ready the supporting documents listed below:
Original copy of:
- Application form for Visa (ID995A) (sample attached)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (if applicable)
- Declaration by Financial Sponsor
- Letter of Consent on Guardianship (For Students under 18)
- Proof of the applicant's/financial sponsor’s financial standing
Printed copy of:
- Academic Transcript
- "Acknowledgement of the Request for Student Visa / Entry Permit Sponsorship" can be obtained via the online portal where you submitted the request for sponsorship
- Pages of travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry
Course Offering List
May for Semester A enrolment (September Entry)
October for Semester B enrolment (January Entry)
For enquiries on Semester-long Exchange, please email Ms Lucia Mak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For enquiries on Summer Exchange, please email Ms Stephanie Wan at email@example.com.