The Department of Electrical Engineering of City University of Hong Kong (CityU EE) is going to launch the 3rd EE Annual Awards to celebrate the achievements of our alumni/ individuals in their career and/ or servicing CityU EE community/ our society.
- To celebrate the achievements of outstanding EE alumni with remarkable personal achievements and contributions to the society/ world.
- To foster staunch networking and loyalty to the Department.
- To bring back successful alumni to act as role models to current EE students.
- To recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to CityU EE.
Nomination and Selection
- Nomination via online form is opened till the end of June.
- CityU EE Annual Awards Task Force will form an award selection committee.
- CityU EE Annual Awards Task Force members cannot be nominated nor make nominations.
- Nominees will be interviewed (online or face-to-face) by the Award Selection Panel.
- There is no minimum number of awardees each year.
- The selection of awardees will be arranged in end of August.
Announcement of Results
- Notifications to awardees will be sent in early September. Corresponding arrangements on award ceremony and its registration will immediately follow.
- Disqualification and Disputes Handling – the CityU EE Annual Awards Task Force reserves the sole discretion on final decision on the course of actions upon any complaints/irregularities found in the process of nominations, disputes found over the nominees’ credentials, or any other situations happen in the selection process.
Token of Appreciation
- Both the nominator and the awardee will be given a Certificate of Appreciation.
- The annual award presentation ceremony will be held alongside/in the Commencement around end of May next year.
- In addition to attending the award presentation, the awardees will be invited to a department event to share their life experience and successful stories with fellow students.
- Hall of Fame – Plaques of awardee names will be permanently displayed in the department.
- A video documentary (after selection made) may be done to showcase the successful stories of each awardee.
- An introductory page of the successful stories of all awardees will be launched on EE web after the ceremony.
- The awards are nominated on annual basis.
- To foster alumnus/ nominee’s loyalty, three categories of awards are considered:
- Outstanding Alumni Awards;
- Outstanding Service Awards; and
- Young Alumni Awards.
- There will be up to 3 awards at most for each category each year.
- The awardee(s) need to receive the award in person at the award ceremony.
- Local expenses (e.g. accommodations) will be covered for overseas recipients.
- In addition to award presentation, the awardees will be invited to share with students their university life and learning experience in EE, their life successes and achievements, acting as role models to open the eyes of EE students.
- No self-nomination is allowed. Nominations are required to be submitted by nominators.
- Each nominee can only be awarded once in each award category; unsuccessful nominees can be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Nominees must hold at least one diploma/ degree from CityU EE, except for Outstanding Service Awards.
- Nominators have to be CityU EE community members that include faculty, alumni, Departmental Advisory Committee (DAC) members, etc.
- • Nomination requirements: (1) Outstanding Alumni Awards: the nominees shall demonstrate their successes and achievements in careers, their social responsibility and recognition obtained from the society, and shall show their intention and plan on how their achievements can benefit CityU EE community; (2) Outstanding Service Awards: the nominees shall demonstrate their achievements in serving the CityU EE community who might not be an alumnus; (3) Young Alumni Awards: the young alumni nominees should have graduated within the past 10 years and shall demonstrate their successes and achievements in careers, their social responsibility and recognition obtained from the society, and shall show their intention and plan on how their achievements can benefit CityU EE community.
Last Updated : 31 May 2023